MoISTURE FESTIVAL 2024 and BEYOND
As most of you know, Hale’s Ales and Brewery and Hale’s Palladium, our home for 17 years, was sold after the 2022 festival. We sincerely appreciate all of the thoughtful messages we’ve received during this time of transition, the volunteer help we’ve been gifted during the move-out, and the enthusiasm we’ve heard from so many of you about keeping Moisture Festival alive.
Moisture Festival 2023 will be at the lovely Broadway Performance Hall. So many thank yous to Broadway Performance Hall for hosting the entire 2023 festival.
We are still seeking venue(s) for Moisture Festival Variete shows for 2024 and beyond.
Join us in our search for a new venue
Our venue search committee can’t discover all of the possible venues in town, so we are putting out a general call for new venue suggestions. Do you own, run, or work for a venue that might want to host one to all four weeks of variete shows in Moisture Festival? (Springtime – ideally Mar, Apr, or May). Could you put us in touch with people who might? Have you been to a temporary event (like the Van Gogh exhibition) in a space you think could work for Moisture Festival? Are you an event producer with connections to venue spaces and their bookers? Do you work in commercial real estate and know of an empty space that could be the next Palladium?
Are you someone that may not have a specific space in mind, but you are interested in being a benefactor/angel donor when we do find a space?
We would love to hear from you! Please click email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any leads, and we will excitedly follow up with you.
- Seating for minimum 250 patrons, but 300-400 is ideal. We will entertain larger venues as well.
- It could be an existing performance space / theater with lighting and sound equipment and chairs, or it could be an empty warehouse space where we could construct a stage and install lighting, sound, and seating.
- Tall enough ceilings (min 18′ but 20-25 is better) with structural support for aerial rigging.
- Existing green room space and dressing rooms or enough open, separate space to erect pipe and drape for green room, dressing rooms and warmup spaces.
- Greater Metro Seattle area, so we are reasonably accessible to our predominantly Seattle-based audience.
- Decent parking (dedicated parking lot, street, adjacent/walkable parking lots, access to nearby transit)
- Onsite running water and bathrooms.
- Onsite kitchen a plus (commercial kitchen, even better).
- All fire safety requirements.
- Would value partnering with Moisture Festival and support our mission as a non-profit to keep ticket prices affordable by offering generous venue rental fee terms.
The venues may change, but the mission to enrich the greater Seattle community by presenting an affordable, annual festival showcasing the rich tradition of live comedy and variety arts will always be fulfilled. We have the same gumption and spirit of adventure we had when the festival started out in a borrowed tent in a donated U-Park parking lot in Fremont in 2004!
Thank you for any help you can provide in our search for the future home of Seattle Moisture Festival!
We would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com with venue leads.