2022 Moisture Festival: Opening March 17
Moisture Festival Jobs
Director of Development
Moisture Festival is seeking a Development/Fundraising professional to join our team! This position is a 30hr/week (with a possibility of 40) salaried opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented and a creative self-starter with strong collaborative and writing skills. The Development Director manages every aspect of fundraising as well maintaining current and building new community and donor relationships, working with the Board of Directors and the Managing and Artistic Directors. The Development Director is responsible for raising approximately $250K per fiscal year through individual gifts, specific appeals, grants, sponsorships, annual auction/gala, festival-time giving, GiveBig, and In-Kind giving.
• Create and execute a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to support the organization’s mission
• Create, promote, and manage donor appeals and campaigns
• Ensure donor recognition, including thank you letters, tax letters, website recognition, etc.
• Coordinate and track annual grant schedule. Complete and file grants and LOIs meeting all deadlines. Complete reporting on grants, ensure compliance with grantors requirements.
• Recruit business sponsors, facilitate sponsor gifts (both cash and in-kind), and manage benefit fulfillment.
• Identify and pursue prospective new funding sources.
• Execute fundraising events including annual Auction/Fundrasing Gala and other donor appreciation events.
• Create and track quarterly revenue projections and monitor progress. Report as needed. Attend monthly BOD meeting and Development Committee meetings.
• Support ant work with Board of Directors, Development Committees, and others to define and refine development strategy
• Develop and maintain budgets in partnership with the finance team.
• Maintain timely and accurate records in donor database (currently using Little Green Light donor software). Prepare reports as needed.
• Community networking events (may require evenings)
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in non-profit fundraising, preferable in the arts sector.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service —face to face, email and on the phone.
• Flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively
• A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Excel).
• Knowledge and ability to use Google Drive (esp. Sheets and Forms)
• Strong data skills (accurate entry, comfort pulling data from various online databases, data export/spreadsheet manipulation)
• A desire to learn a must.
• A sense of humor a must.
Hours are a combination of in-office and work-from-home. Weekend/evening availability desired March 17 – April 10, 2022 as well as special event dates (Nov 7, 2021, and TBD).
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within 30 days of start date (reasonable accommodations to be made for medical or religious exemptions)
To apply please email your resume and brief cover letter telling us why you are a good fit for Moisture Festival to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary $50-52K annually.