This internship would provide hands-on experience in non-profit arts development and fundraising. Work with our Director of Development leading up to and during Moisture Festival 2019 to secure financial and in-kind underwriting, fulfill donor recognition, and build capacity.
Moisture Festival’s mission is to enrich the community by presenting an affordable annual festival showcasing the art of live comedy/varieté performance. The Moisture Festival encourages the contemporary creativity that is constantly emerging in this field and strives to educate people about the rich history of this genre. The 2019 Moisture Festival will run March 14 through April 7. Presented as a variety show, featuring short acts accompanied by a live show band. Part of the joy of the Festival is that you never know what you’ll see on stage. From aerialists to jugglers, magicians to comedians, all the weird and wonderful keep this genre fresh and exciting.
Three month period. February – April 2019
10-15 hours/week, in office flexible hours in a T/W/Th 8-4pm window before festival, during-festival schedule TBD. Our office and main venue is located in Fremont.
The internship is unpaid, but includes a 2019 Festival pass
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pre festival
- Sponsor solicitation/follow-up communications of returning sponsors as well as outreach to new sponsors
- In-Kind meal donors scheduling
- Sponsor collateral wrangling
- During festival
- Donor wall/donor recognition maintenance (aka The Star Wall), including updating wall/creating new stars, removing expired, etc
- Gift entry into database
- Attend at least some shows and participate in direct solicitation
- Post festival
- Assist with thank yous and donor fulfillment follow-up
- Help plan and organize post festival donor thank you events
- Database clean-up, (Little Green Light)
- Maintain current donor list for website and communicate needed updates
We are looking for candidates with a keen interested in fundraising for arts who want hands on experience with the sponsor/donor cycle of festival development.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, what you hope to achieve out of an internship and your applicable qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PO Box 17484, Seattle, 98127